Looking for some fun, healthy salads to bring to your next summer get-together? Look no further! These RD-approved salads are the perfect pairing with any grilled lean protein and will be huge crowd pleasers! Plus, they’re all fiber-packed, and contain heart healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied.
Grilled Peach Salad
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and halved
- 5 oz baby arugula
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Prepare the dressing by combining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Brush peach halves with some extra virgin olive oil and grill for 3-5 min per side or until nicely charred. Remove and slice into wedges.
- In a large bowl, add salad ingredients. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette when ready to serve.
Tomato Watermelon Salad
- 6 cups watermelon, chopped into cubes
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup feta cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- Cut watermelon and tomatoes. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Toss with avocado oil, pepper, sea salt, cheese and basil.
Corn and Avocado Salad
- 4 ears of corn, shucked or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 ripe avocados, ½-inch diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 red bell peppers, ½-inch diced
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeño, minced
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ cup squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- If using ears of corn, boil water in a large pot and cook the corn for 3 min. Drain and put in ice water until cool. The cut the kernels off the cob and place them into a large bowl.
- Toss the avocados with the lemon juice and add them to the bowl with the corn. Add the tomatoes, red peppers, onion, jalapeño peppers, and lime zest to the bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Toss well and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Let us know if you recreate any of these delicious salads by sharing on Instagram and tagging @newburystnutrition!
Co-Created by Caroline Depietri, Pilates Instructor and Nutrition & Psychology Student